The Benefits Representative is primarily responsible for handling contacts from retirement plan participants with an emphasis on providing education about their plan benefits, investment tools and retirement planning. The BSR is responsible for completing transactions, providing plan benefit information, utilizing retirement planning tools, researching, solving problems and following up with participants on outstanding issues in a call center environment.
Milliman’s management has a history of rewarding performance and views this position as a vital piece of its ongoing strategy to solidify and grow long-term client relationships. This position offers unlimited career potential.
- Answer inbound calls and/or email contacts from retirement plan participants.
- Research account or plan specifications. Follow up on outstanding issues and escalations in a timely manner to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Complete participant transactions as required using Internet applications, Automated Voice response system or manual procedures as required.
- Place outbound calls or compose outbound email to obtain and provide information from/to participants, Milliman employees or partner companies.
- Learn and maintain current knowledge of DC and DB retirement plan provisions and administration systems, how to retrieve and interpret participant account and plan data as well as other existing applications.
- Complete training and certification programs from organizations such as ASPPA, CEBS, NASD, etc.
- Learn retirement planning strategies and be able to communication them to plan participants, including investment options and strategies. Use and explain retirement planning tools designed for plan participants.
- Assist in identifying system, data and procedural problems and escalate as required.
Required experience and skills
- 5 years High Touch Customer Service experience
- 5 years use of internet, computer and keyboarding experience, including email
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be able to work varying schedules and shifts if necessary, including overtime as assigned
- Excellent verbal skills, proper use of grammar and pronunciation
- Excellent written skills, correct spelling and grammar
- Strong desire to talk to people and help them with their retirement plan needs
- 2 years Retirement plan administration or investment planning experience preferred
- ASPPA, CEBS designations or NASD/FINRA licensing is a plus
- Bilingual – English / Spanish fluency